Victorian Fiction and Finance
- 222 Downloads
Bringing harmony to Apple’s internal fiefdoms has not been easy. There is still “huge tension” inside Apple, according to one person who has worked with the company for many years. “That tension is something he uses to run the company but it can be dangerous.”
In this 1998 swashbuckler classic, Antonio Banderas plays the protege of a boring nobleman who moonlights as a masked outlaw, saving the Mexican commoners of California from corrupt leaders. While Zorro might sound like a regular old-timey superhero, the story upon which The Mask of Zorro is based pulls heavily from legends surrounding a real-life desperado named Joaquin Murietta.
颁奖典礼一开始，两位主持人妙语连珠，引来场下观众阵阵喝彩。马特?戴蒙、梅丽尔?斯特里普(Meryl Streep)和乔治克?鲁尼都自然而然地成为了调侃的对象。蒂娜?费对桑德拉?布洛克(Sandra Bullock)和克鲁尼参演《地心引力》的点评引发场下一阵爆笑。
We have always adopted an open mind and approach to the various regional trading arrangements, and we will also welcome progress in these arrangements or proposed arrangements. China will continue to remain engaged and participate in the liberalization of global trade.
Premiered on Jan 29, the drama received 7 points out of 10 on the country's popular review website Douban.
Adriana Lima, 35, slipped into a figure-hugging white strapless number. The Brazilian model went for a simple and chic look, tying her locks up and wearing a statement necklace, which was dripping with diamonds.
Intel welcomes its new employees to the company by rolling out the red carpet -- literally -- once a quarter. During the first day of orientation, hires walk along a pathway lined with Intel Studios' photographers and videographers before introducing themselves onstage and receiving their welcome packages (and a round of applause from an audience of new colleagues).
- Bagehot, Walter. Lombard Street. 1873. Vol. 5 in The Works of Walter Bagehot, edited by R.H. Hutton and Forrest Morgan. Hartford: Traveler’s Insurance, 1889. Google Scholar
- Best, Geoffrey. Mid-Victorian Britain 1851–1875. London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1971.Google Scholar
- Collini, Stefan. Public Moralists: Political Thought and Intellectual Life in Britain 1850–1930. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- Davis, David Brion. The Problem of Slavery in the Age of Revolution, 1770–1823. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- Gagnier, Regenia. The Insatiability of Human Wants: Economics and Aesthetics in Market Society. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2000.Google Scholar
- Gallagher, Catherine. The Body Economic: Life, Death, and Sensation in Political Economy and the Victorian Novel. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2006.Google Scholar
- Gleadle, Kathryn. British Women in the Nineteenth Century. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2001.Google Scholar
- Gooch, Joshua. The Victorian Novel, Service Work, and the Nineteenth-Century Economy. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.Google Scholar
- Grossberg, Lawrence. Cultural Studies in the Future Tense. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2010.Google Scholar
- Holloway, Gerry. Women and Work in Britain Since 1840. London: Routledge, 2005.Google Scholar
- Kornbluh, Anna. Realizing Capital: Financial and Psychic Economies in Victorian Form. New York: Fordham University Press, 2014.Google Scholar
- Piketty, Thomas. Capital in the Twenty-First Century, translated by Arthur Goldhammer. Cambridge, Mass: Belknap Press, 2014.Google Scholar
- Poovey, Mary. Introduction. The Financial System in Nineteenth Century Britain, 12–19. New York: Oxford University Press, 2003.Google Scholar
- ———. Genres of the Credit Economy: Mediating Value in Eighteenth and Nineteenth-Century Britain. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2008.Google Scholar